Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ready ... Set ... Stitch!

Hi!  We've enjoyed reading your comments about our "coming soon" products and about the things you'd like to see from us at Sew Lux.  Remember that today is the last day to share your comments and be entered into a drawing for a little prize. Tomorrow, we'll post a winner here on the blog. :-)

Today, I am excited to share our first stitch along project.  Many of you have said you need some smaller projects ... and I know how that is!  They take less time and fewer materials and let's face it ... it's nice to finish up a project quick.  (I don't know about you, but I have a lot of WIPs, UFOs, and stacks of fabrics that have been looking at me from the shelf for quite some time!  :-)

So are you ready?!  For this first stitch along, we're going to make a small pinwheel quilt.  It's a beginner-friendly quilt and it would be great for a new little person or to hang on the wall.  If you are new to quilting, this will be a great project.  If you're a seasoned veteran, we'll this will be an easy breezy project! :-) So, I want you to check out your stash and get some supplies ready!

Here's what you'll need to get started ...
  • Six fat quarters (OR a layer cake or large scraps - you'll need 15 or 16 - 10" squares) for the quilt top
  • One yard for the backing
  • Half a yard for the binding
EDITED TO ADD:  I know many of you are probably hoarding some charm packs ... I will also share directions for using a charm pack for this  project.  The dimensions will be a little different and your quilt slightly more scrappy than if you use 6 FQ, but we'll make this an equal opportunity stitch/quilt along!  So, whether you have a stack of FQ, a charm pack or layer cake, come on over and join us!  :-)  
    Here's the time line for our stitch along ....
    • Week 1 (Mon. 3/14): Choose and Prepare Your Fabrics
    • Week 2 (Mon 3/21):  Piece Your Quilt Top
    • Week 3 (Mon 3/28): Quilt and Finish Your Masterpiece :-)
    • Week 4 (Mon 4/4): Show and Tell 
      Are you ready?!  Post a comment on this post and let us know that you'll be along for the ride!  If you have a blog, we'd love for you to include a link as well.  We've also got a Flickr group, so feel free to share with us there if you'd like. :-)

      2 comments:

      1. Okay, I am in. This would be my first quilt along. I don't understand flickr quite yet but I am willing to learn about that as we go along too.

        http://spicerquilts.blogspot.com/

        ReplyDelete
      2. I am in, too. This will be my first quilt along. I love small projects and have several charm packs from which to choose.

        ReplyDelete

      Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)