Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer House Swoon

Hi again!  So I finally got around to stitching all the blocks together for my Summer House Swoon block!  Here she is ...

I used the Twinkle Tonal in Bright Blue and the Cabbage Rose in Robins Egg for this one.  Love that combo!  A few things about this pattern ...

First, these blocks are BIG.  (I didn't crop out my toes in the photo just so you could see the scale.)  I mean, I thought "24 inches... that's a big block", but yea ... seems a lot bigger in real life than I imagined!  LOL  Hooray for needing less blocks for a big quilt.  ;-)

Second, there are a LOT of points to match up.  Next time, I think I will press everything open and spend more time trimming and pinning so everything lines up better.

All in all, I love how it turned out even with a few imperfections.  :-)

Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

  1. I love this pattern and block! Can't wait to see yours finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pattern! I have made a couple of "mini" swoon quilts of just one block. Seems to be lovely no matter what you do! :-)
    It IS fun to have big blocks, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely colors! This is such a cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you make one of those blocks using 2 fat quarters and some white?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie - Yes, the Swoon block requires 2 FQ and approx a half yard of white (will have some leftovers from all).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)