Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Thimble Blossoms Scrappy Sampler Quilt Along

I'm really excited to introduce a fun little quilt along today!  (If you follow me on Instagram, I teased everyone about this announcement with a photo of some of my B&C stash yesterday.)

Back when Camille shared her Hello Darling fabric and new patterns at the end of March on Instagram, I fell in love with all of them.  Realistically, though, my quilt bucket list is longer than I will ever have years for and I thought a sampler quilt might be fun... and then I thought it might be fun to do it with all of you!  So I emailed Camille about my idea and here we go!  :-)



Here are all the details ...

Patterns Needed: 

This sampler uses four of Camille's most recent patterns.  (She shared her original quilts here.) You will need a paper or PDF copy of each of these patterns:
  • Piccadilly Circus
  • Lollies
  • Vintage Tulips 
  • Swoon Sixteen
We will be assembling various blocks into rows and I will share the setting, sashing, & border instructions here on my blog during the QAL.  The completed quilt measures approx 58" x 78".

*We are using the full size versions of Picadilly Circus & Vintage Tulips, not the mini quilt patterns. 

The Schedule: 
* There will be a small adjustment to size or construction to make it all work - details will be given at the appropriate week's post.

Fabric Needed: 

Blocks & Borders: It's a little difficult to say exactly how much fabric you need since we will be making blocks from several patterns and depending on how scrappy you go it could make a big difference. Vintage Tulips & Piccadilly Circus are both jelly roll strip friendly, the Swoon Sixteen is FQ friendly and the Lollies are Layer Cake friendly.  I will be using Bonnie & Camille prints for the most part and going with a scrappy look.  Pull out your favorites and consult each pattern. 

Block Background & Sashing: Approximately 3.25 yards (I am using my favorite Essential Dots throughout)  Tips for cutting your background for the most efficient use can be found here.

Binding: 1/2 yard if using 2.5" wide strips  

Backing: 3 yards

(Note: this stack of pretties is part of my personal stash and therefore isn't representative of our kit.)

Are you in?  I hope you'll join me ... I am really excited about this one!

I'll be sharing my progress here and on Instagram.  If you are on IG, tag me @sewlux and use the #TBScrappySamplerQAL ... there may even be a few prizes along the way! ;-)

See you all on Monday!

Happy Sewing!  :-)


UPDATE: A limited number of kits are now available in our shop.  Please be sure to read the description carefully.

Thanks for all your support & enthusiastic response so far!

4 comments:

  1. So exciting! Are you doing any kits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome. I have all of these patterns and a ton of B & C fabric. I'm ready to join your fun QAL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be excellent use of my stash of loveliness, thankyou for organising it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)